With Alps 2 Ocean you will get :
Knowledgeable experienced local outdoor guides willing to help make your Te Araroa trail experience safe and rewarding while you pass through our region.If needed, we provide local advice and suggestions for food purchase or extra gear needs if you have any.
Transfer Prices are based on a set minimum price for 2 people plus each additional person thereafter.
Transfer options. To/From
- Christchurch to any of the trailheads below
- Lake Coleridge village
- Glenrock stream Trailhead
- Mt Potts Trailhead
- Mesopotamia /Bush Stream
- Round Hill /Lake Tekapo
- Harper Village campsite (by the Wilberforce)
Example costings are for 2 people/ then additional for each extra person
- Peel Forest to Mesopotamia$50pp / $20 pp each extra (so for 3 people its $40 pp)
- Geraldine to Mesopotamia$65pp / $20 pp each extra ( if there are 3 people it would average out to $50pp)
- Mt Potts to Mesopotamia$120pp / $30 pp each extra ( 4 people it is $75pp ) This shuttle passes small shops and cafes and takes about 2 hours drivetime.
Many hikers are using mountain bikes as a way of breaking the monotony of those longer gravel road sections.We either meet you with the cycles, helmet, repair kit, and lightweight cycle trailers or leave it locked at a prearranged point.With the trailers, you are able to carry your own pack easily be independent and not as tied to gear pickups from transfer vehicles.The bikes can then be locked up again at your destination for us to pick up when we can. Increasingly more TA hikers are cycling the Alps 2 Ocean trail between Lake Tekapo and Lake Ohau (100 kms)which also is the route for some of the Te Araroa trail. Cycles can be used by SOBO and NOBO walkers.
Cycle hire is on a daily basis per person.We provide the bike lock combination when booking is confirmed.Cost from $85 pp per day.
Cycle Options are :
- Lake Tekapo to Twizel via canal route 60 kms or Braemar Road
- Lake Tekapo to Lake Ohau Lodge 35 kms
- Potts River trailhead to Geraldine 92 kms
- Bush Stream trailhead to Geraldine 72 kms
Harper Village /Wilberforce River to Glenrock stream trailhead.
Freedom Hire of boats, paddles and paddling gear.
We meet you at the Wilberforce River put in, provide briefing and then meet about 3 hours later with your gear at The Glenrock stream Trailhead.
This is a lovely grade 2 kayak for about 18 kms.It saves you a big shuttle or walk around the Rakaia and you get a real added adventure.
Min Charge 2 people.eg $180 pp then $100 pp for each extra
Kayak experience required. We can help with food package pickup if needed.